I have been trying to post another one page layout from this last weekend but for some reason I cannot upload any of the layout photos. So I decided to pull out an older photo of a home decor project I did a while back. This is a pencil holder for my desk that houses my colored pencils (I have my water color pencils in another one). I have a series of these paint cans that hold scissors, corner chompers and my crop-a-dile.
The container is a paint can from Home Depot that I decorated with some scrapbook paper. I used modge podge to adhere the paper and then used modge podge again to seal it down. Then I used one of my label sets from nestibilities to create the front label in 3 layers. The word "pencils" was created with a rub-on alphabet. I layered the labels and decorated it with some black brads. Each level is popped up and placed on top of some red stiched ribbon I had in my ribbon stash. A little shading on the first paper layer helps highlight the embossed edge from the nestibilities die.
I will keep trying to post more layout pictures this week. In the meantime, have a wonderful evening and try to get something crafty done tonight!
- ► 2012 (107)
- ► 2011 (232)
- Home Decor Cartridge - Scrapbook Page
- Home Decor Cartridge - Card
- PTI - Springtime Doodles
- Heritage Cartridge - Mother's Box
- Heritage Cartridge - Scrapbook Layout
- Heritage Cartridge - Cards
- Welcome Baby Layout
- Storage Solutions - Brads, Bits and Eyelets
- Hello Thursday - April Cricut Cartridge Release
- Poppy Seed Challenge #2 - Papertrey Ink
- Easter Basket
- Great news!
- Queen Bee Card and PTI New Release Party
- You & Me Scrapbook Layout
- I have been trying to post another one page layout...
- New Cricut Cart - Robotz
- Celebrate with Sweet Treats Cartridge
- Inspire Layout with Home Accents Solution Cartridg...
- Hello Everyone. I have been out of town for a f...
- DCWV - Linen Closet (Remix) and Liquid Pearls
- DCWV - Linen Closet Card
- ▼ March (21)